Free Online Training for Camp Staff
For camps, we know that the Coronavirus pandemic is presenting specific challenges as you explore when and whether to open this summer. One of the more urgent decisions for you may be staff training. Because of the inability to host in-person training, you may be looking for online training.
In partnership with The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, The Redwoods Institute will be temporarily opened, at no cost to you, as a COVID relief program for camps choosing to operate in-person this summer.
Summer 2020: Free Camp Training Preview
The trainings are typically reserved for Redwoods insurance customers only. We are now opening limited access to all camps, for a limited time, at no cost.
The targeted audience for these trainings is traditional day camp and resident camp counselors. The courses focus on topics related to camper safety. Please note, these courses do not cover topics related to COVID-19, such as social distancing or virtual camp.
As a camp director or leadership staff, you’ll have the ability to run reports on training completion. Your staff will also have the ability to print completion certificates. Each course has a knowledge-retention quiz at the end. Staff will be required to answer 80% of the questions correctly to receive a passing score.
- Aquatic Safety at the Pool (10 min)
- Aquatic Safety in Natural Bodies of Water (10 min)
- Behavior Management at Camp (12 min)
- Bullying Prevention at Camp (10 min)
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention at Camp (14 min)
- Day Camp Supervision (12 min)
- Field Trips & Off-Site Travel Safety (10 min)
- Peer-to-Peer Sexual Abuse Prevention at Camp (12 min)
- Playground Safety & Programming at Camp (9 min)
- Resident Camp Supervision (14 min)
- Social Media & Digital Communication (20 min)
- Transportation Safety at Camp (9 min)
Request Free Access
In partnership with American Camp Association, we are making this training available to all ACA Members. If you are not currently an ACA Member, please register for a free one-year ACA Membership. In the form below, you will be asked for an ACA Member number.