Do you want to make a difference in the world? Would you like to join a group of dedicated, professional change-makers who come to work every day to do just that? As a social enterprise, we believe that business can and should be a powerful force for positive social change.
The Redwoods Group is not a traditional insurance company. We aim to make the world a better place through the inspired application of insurance data and a deep commitment to the broad communities within which we live and serve. We tackle very serious issues with very serious stakes – from child sexual abuse to drowning and other accidents. Insurance is the means to fulfilling our mission to Serve Others.
For us, financial profit is important, but only as a metric of sustainability. We are a hybrid non-profit and for-profit company called a B Corp (or benefit corporation). By providing property, casualty, and workers’ compensation insurance products alongside management consulting services to YMCAs, Jewish Community Centers, Boys and Girls Clubs and non-profit resident camps across the nation, we help reduce injuries and save lives. We are passionate about making the world a safer place.
The Redwoods Group is currently seeking a full-time Associate Underwriter to join us in our Research Triangle Park, North Carolina office to help us achieve our vision of creating safe communities for all through mission-aligned insurance.
- Developing and maintaining intimate CSR relationships with our agency partners
- Coordinating the renewal timeline with the agency and Senior Underwriter for an assigned book of business and ensuring that appropriate deadlines are met
- Reviewing new business and renewal submissions
- Communicating effectively areas of concern that need to be addressed at renewal to Senior Underwriters
- Analyzing applications to determine appropriate exposures to be used for rating lines of business
- Accurately completing account quotations and proposals for appropriate accounts
- Maintaining CSR call log and notes in SalesForce for assigned accounts
- Obtaining and binding quotes for D&O, B&M and CIP lines of business
- Following up and ensuring that all file documentation is obtained and documented appropriately in the file
- Reviewing and approving all applicable endorsement requests for assigned accounts as well as researching and involving Senior Underwriter when necessary
- Communicating instructions to processors in a timely manner on endorsements, rating and policy issuance
- Providing approval for policy issuance, endorsements and rating processor
Candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated and dependable professional who believes in the ability to use business as a force for social good
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years Underwriting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are a must
- Commitment to high ethical standards of behavior and performance is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Resourceful, detail-oriented and effective in choreographing relationships to move things forward
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at once without losing track
- Anticipates and plans around obstacles by utilizing problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to understand how claims handling and risk management are instrumental in the Underwriting process
The Redwoods Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.