Observe your organization’s Test, Mark, Protect process from start to finish. Ask yourself the following questions as you observe:
- Am I confident that our Test, Mark, Protect policy is being implemented consistently among lifeguards, locations, programs, etc?
- Am I confident that every swimmer who needed to be swim tested today received a swim test?
- Am I confident that our marking procedures are simple enough that lifeguards can clearly identify non-swimmers?
- Am I confident that all swimmers that need to be protected in the water are?
- How can I better communicate our policy so that we have community buy-in, and everyone understands its importance?
If you are not confident in any of your answers today, make a plan on how and when you will address these gaps.