Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training
On May 26th, 2022, we announced our new Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training. This training identifies and dispels harmful myths around sexual abuse, and addresses how to recognize, respond and report abuse within the context of your staff’s day-to-day work. Using both high-profile news stories and real world incidents, our Redwoods presenters—both who have direct experience working with youth—provide an overview of the problem, as well as practical strategies for keeping youth safe in your programs.
After completing this training, the learner will be able to:
- Define child sexual abuse and identify risk factors that make abuse more likely to happen
- Give examples of the long-term effects of abuse on children and communities
- Describe appropriate and inappropriate interactions with youth
- Explain why rule breaking is not allowed, even with good intentions
- Break down the grooming process into individual steps
- Determine your responsibility to report rule breaking and disclosures of abuse
Our goal is to provide a call to action for all staff, at every organization, to step up and become a part of the solution in preventing child sexual abuse.
This training is now available to all Redwoods’ customers on The Redwoods Institute.