Insurance is one of the largest budget line items for Clubs. Given the money you are spending, it’s important that you know the right questions to ask your broker and are able to advocate for yourself in order to get the best coverage and services for your Club.
Below, we have compiled definitions and questions that we hope will help you effectively and confidently navigate the insurance-purchasing process.
What are the coverages that most Clubs look for?
- General Liability: Protects your Club from third-party claims of injury or damage that occurred in the course of you doing business
- Property: Protects your buildings, and the contents within them, from things like fire, damage, vandalism or theft
- Auto: Protects your auto related liability exposures and vehicles in the event of an accident or theft
- Workers’ Compensation: Protects your employees in the event that they are injured during their course of employment
- Directors & Officers/EPLI: Protects your Club in the event that there are any employment-related claims or lawsuits brought against your Directors & Officers
What is the role of the broker and carrier?