Insurance 101 for the Boys & Girls Club Movement
Insurance is one of the largest budget line items for many Clubs. Given the money you are spending, it’s important that you know the right questions to ask your broker and are able to advocate for yourself in order to get the best coverage and services for your Club. On June 17th, 2021, we hosted a webinar that discussed how Club leaders can effectively and confidently navigate the insurance-purchasing process.
You can watch the Full Recording below, or jump to a specific segment. We also encourage you to download our summary of the conversation.
Webinar Questions & Topics
- Why is it important for Clubs to have insurance?
- How does insurance work?
- What are the different coverages that Clubs need?
- What coverages protect part-time staff?
- What is the role of the broker?
- What is the role of the carrier?
- What type of relationship should Clubs expect out of their broker?
- What services should Clubs expect from their broker?
- What are some ways that Clubs can expect their broker and insurance carrier to work together?
- What services should Clubs expect from their carrier?
- Why is the application process so extensive when purchasing insurance?
- How can Clubs better understand the gaps in their coverage and what is covered versus not?