Sample COVID-19 Group Rental Protocols
Click the button above to download a Word Document template that you can edit.
To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 exposure, [INSERT ORGANIZATION] is requiring the following protocols to be followed by all rental groups while on site:
- User will screen all participants for symptoms of COVID-19 and exposure to COVID-19 prior to the event. Rental group will ensure that no participants who have been exposed to COVID-19 within [number of days] days of the event or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are permitted to enter the facility or access the premises.
- Symptoms may include: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell
- User will enforce social distancing practices to ensure that a distance of at least six feet is maintained between all participants. Social distancing is not required to be maintained between members of the same household.
- Gatherings of more than [# of people] are prohibited.
- User will ensure that all participants wear masks or other appropriate face coverings during staff-led programs, when congregating in common areas or indoor facilities, and when socializing with others who do not reside within their household.
- User will ensure that all participants wash or otherwise sanitize their hands before and after participating in any programs.
- In the event that an individual in the group presents with symptoms, User will arrange for quick isolation of the individual and arrange for their exit from the program; initiate contact tracing; and notify [INSERT ORGANIZATION] staff.
User hereby agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- User is responsible and liable for the behavior of all participants.
- User will ensure that all participants observe and act in accordance with all applicable regulations, protocols, and procedures set forth by [INSERT ORGANIZATION] in additional to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- User agrees to INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS [INSERT ORGANIZATION] from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages or costs, including court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees that it may incur in relation to any claims, suits, demands, or causes of action related to any exposure to or infection with COVID-19 alleged to have occurred during User and all participants’ use of [INSERT ORGANIZATION] facilities and premises, whether alleged to have been cause by the negligence of [INSERT ORGANIZATION] or otherwise.
- User expressly agrees that [INSERT ORGANIZATION] is not liable to User, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, invitees and participants for any damages alleged to have been caused by the exposure to or infection with COVID-19 while using [INSERT ORGANIZATION] facilities or premises or while participating in [INSERT ORGANIZATION] programs, whether alleged to have been caused by the negligence of [INSERT ORGANIZATION] or otherwise.