Aquatic Safety “If/Then” Statements
Based on common scenarios we find on pool decks or waterfronts, we have developed flashcards for both aquatics directors and lifeguards to think through what steps they would take if they were faced with these scenarios.
How to Use
- Download the “if/then” statement flashcards above
- For each of the statements, we have recommended steps aquatics directors or lifeguards should take if they are faced with these scenarios. Add or adapt these if needed to fit your organization’s policies.
- Print and cut out the “if/then” statements
- Fold the slips of paper so the “if” statement is on one side, and the “then” statement is on the other
- Use these flashcards at your next in-service training to generate discussion with your staff on steps they would take if they were faced with these scenarios